Thursday, August 18, 2011

















I got this bicycle last april or so, Have been riding it, it is pretty Icool and so on.

I decided to try an experiment and make my own cotton bar tape. I bought some strips of canvas from the fabric store and hemmed one
side of it so it didn't frey. The other side didn't need the hemming because it would be covered by the overlapping. It has an old innertube under it for cushioning and has had a couple coats of shellac for protection. It feels/rides just like the stuff you buy from the bike shop.
It is visibly a little poorly done here, especially with all the electrical tape. Some of the is because I was experimenting with the multiple colors (shoulda sewn the separate colors together) and because it is a rough prototype, I'll do it right later.

No comments:

Post a Comment